Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Holiday stress

Why do we feel the need to run out, blow all our money on items we don't even need just to please the people around us and avoid the guilt of not giving a gift to someone? I hate how embedded this practice has become in today's streamline society and how we are just sheep in the heard for it. I know most of you will say, "But I love this person and they love me, why wouldn't I go get them something they obviously deserved?" Why wouldn't you get them gifts ALL the time then instead of birthdays, holidays, anniversary's, etc. I think what is most upsetting is the stress it puts upon people. It's supposed to be the most merry time of the year but yet people turn into such huge pieces of shit because of all the added pressure on top of everyday life. Now it's just a huge holiday rush to see who can get the biggest and best gifts or the most expensive or the latest trends- JUST FUCKING STOP IT! Look around you and see what you have. If you have a family that loves you, a roof over your head, food to put in your belly, friends to hang out with, and a special significant other... You should be one merry motherfucker throughout the entire year. I got frustrated and started yelling at my Christmas tree because I couldn't find the connecting wires for the built in lights on it. Is that not a trait of someone psychotic!? Imagine if you saw that in public, some guy standing there yelling at a tree and telling it how dumb it is because it won't cooperate with him. I think you'd go back the way you came or cross the street. I think I'm mainly writing this because of Jaxx and all the extra stress we've been enduring especially under the holiday season. We're both very tight on money but want to do all these things with each other, but now we have to get gifts for everyone and their mothers (some quite literally). I just want to enjoy my holiday season this year and if I'm labeled a grinch or a scrooge, so be it. I have one gift I'm going to give and that's one amazing Christmas with my lovely lady Jaxx and I'll be God damned if anybody will stop me from doing that. 

Rant over


Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment